Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 2

I spent so much of my day today on the phone with different companies. I have learned that if it doesn't say "gluten free" then don't trust it! KraftFoods was difficult! They read this generic thing from a script when you ask them about gluten. It was something like "if the ingredients on the package read wheat, barley, oat, etc. then it has gluten." No kidding!! So I finally got to talk to the right people figured out that most of what I questioned did not have gluten. Thankfully Reese ate a little more today. She subbed applesauce as a side where she would normally eat some bread. I was thrilled that she ate SOMETHING.

A couple products I recently learned are gluten free:

-Pediasure
-Kraft/ Oscar Meyer Natural Roasted Turkey cold cuts
-Popcorn and corn chips (corn is safe!)-- but the corn chips have to be plain. Look at the ingredient list on BBQ corn chips compared to plain. It's crazy!
-Most cheeses although some soft cheeses (cottage or cream) have gluten. This can vary by brand.


Fast foods:

-almost nothing at Mcdonalds (french fries are supposedly safe)
-Wendys baked potato or chili
-NOTHING at burger king
-a couple options at Taco Bell
This was something I had to look up as Joe is freaking out if we are on the road. No more chicken nuggets!!

All I have to say is thank God Reese can still have dairy!

No comments:

Post a Comment